IPmotion Dependency Discovery¶
Dependency discovery can be set up on Splunk to see all the dependencies after migrating your applications to cloud.
- Enable packet logging on all gateways for which you want to see dependency discovery. See instructions to enable packet logging.
- Install and set up the Aviatrix Splunk app using instructions mentioned here.
- Install an another app named Sankey Diagram - Custom Visualization, which will be used to visualise Dependency discovery. To install this app, log in to the Splunk server. Go to Apps-> Find More Apps. Search for Sankey Diagram in the search bar and install the app named Sankey Diagram - Custom Visualization
- Now go to the Aviatrix Splunk and click on the Dependency discovery dashboard to see dependencies across apps.
- This dashboard lets you see network flow to/from servers across the network. It allows you to also filter on gateway, Source, Destination and Port.