IPmotion Dependency Discovery¶
Dependency discovery can be setup on Splunk to see all the dependencies after migrating your applications to cloud.
- Enable packet logging on all gateways for which you want to see dependency discovery. See instructions to enable packet logging.
- Install and setup Aviatrix Splunk app using instructions mentioned here.
- Install an another app named Sankey Diagram - Custom Visualization, which will be used to visualise Dependency discovery. To install this app, login to Splunk server. Go to Apps-> Find More Apps. Search for Sankey Diagram in search bar, and install the app named Sankey Diagram - Custom Visualization
- Now Go to Aviatrix Splunk, and click on Dependency discovery dashboard to see dependencies across apps.
- This dashboard lets you see network flow to/from servers across the network. It allows you to also filter on gateway, Source, Destination and Port.