Image Release Notes¶
**Next Controller image is scheduled for April 2021**
**Next Gateway image is scheduled for April 2021**
Controller Images: AWS AMI – 050120 (8/17/2020)¶
- R6.1.1280 Software Version is required
- Update Linux kernel and packages versions
- Remove packages no longer used by the product
- Set X-XSS-Protection and X-Content-Type-Options by default
- Fix all vulnerabilities up to Jun/2020 (mid ref: 15727)
Gateway Images: hvm-cloudx-aws-102320 (11/10/2020)¶
- R6.2.1837 Software Version is required
- New image fetch mechanism
- Update security patches to date
- Linux Kernel update and package upgrade
- New network drivers
- Fix and pass vulnerabilities scan to Sep/2020 (mid ref: 18262)
Aviatrix multi-cloud networking platform is delivered via two images, a Controller image and a gateway image, both should be maintained with the latest version for managing security and support for the product. Aviatrix intends to publish 2 new images per year.
New Customer Installation Procedures¶
- Customer launches the Aviatrix Controller image instance in the AWS, Azure, or respective cloud marketplace.
- Customer launches new gateways from the Controller. The Controller will automatically pull the latest compatible Gateway version.
Existing Customers - Controller Image upgrade (Migration)¶
Customer is responsible for migrate their existing Controller to the latest image. See image list below.
To implement the latest Controller image, perform the following steps:
- Go to your Controller management console
- Go to Settings > Maintenance > Software Upgrade. Make sure you are on the right software version for the migration. If not, upgrade your software version.
- Go to Settings > Maintenance > Backup & Restore. Make sure you have a backup of your current settings.
- Go to Settings > Maintenance > Migration. Migrate your controller to the latest image.
Note: Migrating your Controller does not impact your network data plane. Your existing Gateways should continue operating during migration.