Aviatrix CoPilot Release Notes¶
- Bug fix Performance Fixes for Dashboard - Overview and Traffic Pages load faster.
- Bug fix Security fixes
- Improvement Topology loads better
- Enhancement Latencies can now be refreshed at user specified intervals
- Enhancement Topology Replay - loads much faster for bigger changes
- Bug fix Security fixes
- Dashboard -> Traffic page Detailed metrics on data sent and received in the last hour and day for instances, regions, GWs and VPCs/VNETs/VCNs. Also shows the trend and detailed traffic chart for each cloud construct. Ties into FlowIQ for deeper visibility.
- Security -> Audit End to end audit on every API call (with response status, user who made the call, arguments for the call), aggregated hourly, daily, monthly and fully searchable, filterable and sortable.
- Search for titles/notes in the topology replay timeline across timestamps Replay now ties into Audit so that you know who made the infrastructure change(s) and when it was (they were) made.
- SSO Configure Copilot in the controller UI and login into copilot from the Controller directly without having to enter the credentials.
- Cloud Routes and BGP section now scale to work with Controller 6.4 API changes, backward compatible with pre-6.4 APIs.
- Cloud Routes Search Search, filter and highlight across routes/GWs for anything you see on the page (name, routes, cloud provider, status, tunnels). Search for IP in Subnet also highlights which CIDR the IP is part of.
- Look and feel improvements for Settings Pages and Notifications page.
- Bug fix Good number of UX enhancements and bug fixes.
- A patch update to the release 1.4.2
- Improvement in scalability and security. Support 100k+ changes in topology diff and more than 250k tunnels in the cloud routes section (which is about 40MB of tunnels data rendered in less than 5 secs). We also made improvements to our middleware to secure Copilot. We now logout the user immediately from accessing copilot data, if the user gets deleted from the controller.
- Scale Scaled the cloud routes section to handle any number of routes, so for GWs with 10ks of routes is blazing fast. The Latency charts are scaled too to handle 1000s of charts each for one topology edge.
- Search You can even search and highlight across 1000s of routes across GWs.
- Bug fix We fixed our disk cleanup logic that periodically frees up space in the copilot instance for a user specified threshold percentage of free disk.
- Bug fix We fixed some bugs in topology replay, talking of which, you can now hide/show highlited nodes to clear the clutter while viewing changed nodes.
- Enhancement When you receive a ‘closed’ alert (email or webhook) it also contains what hosts were previously affected, so customers can use third party tools (like OpsGenie) to parse for fields of their interest.
- Improvement Minor UX improvements
- Bug Fixes
- Scale Large environment support in Latency Monitor and in Replay.
- Topology Replay Ability to now add notes and a tag to a change in replay.
Releases 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11¶
- Enhancement Enhanced Topology Replay to add zoom and move to preview timeline
- Enhancement Throttle Latency Calls to reduce controller cpu usage (for large scale env), removed duplicate latency calls for edges
- Bug fix Topology Transit View - Single node clusters for VPC, Fix for Spokes with Peering Connections, Connect S2C to regions
- Bug fix Dashboard not showing OCI in Geo Map
- Bug fix Segments not showing up randomly on Domain Segmentation. Truncate long labels and add tooltip
- Copilot Theme New Dark Mode The moon icon in the Copilot header can be toggled to switch between light mode and dark mode.
- Topology Replay Full view of what’s changed in your infrastructure. Instantly see any change (for ex: GWs go up/down, tunnels flap, peerings added) to your topology at any timestamp and manage your changesets.
- Multi Cloud Network Segmentation Now in Security tab, Logical view -> you can visualize which spoke (or Site2Cloud instance) can reach which other spokes based on the security domains they are part of. In the physical view -> you can visualize the spokes (or S2C instances) grouped by the transit gateways and their reachability based on the security domains they are attached to.
- Transit View for Topology Topology Revamped. Clear the clutter and visualize multi-cloud topology with just the Aviatrix transits connected to regions. Double click to open/close VPC/VNET clusters.
- Improved FlowIQ Filters Use “not equal to” in a filter rule to specify negation. Group filter rules using “NOT” to specify negation of all the filter rules together.
- Interface Stats Use the Diag button in topology to view interface statistics for a gateway
Releases 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199¶
- Bug fix Fixes to saved filter groups in FlowIQ
- Bug fix Fixes to pie charts in FlowIQ Trends
- Bug fix Fixes to top navigation header to always show it
- Enhancement Better error checking for dashboard APIs
- Enhancement Changes to slider step while defining alerts for Rx, Tx and RxTx metrics
- Enhanced FlowIQ Filters Now filter FlowIQ results by performing complex queries by doing logical ANDs and ORs between different filters. Filter groups can now be searched and selected in FlowIQ
- Alerts Now get alerted when a Site2Cloud tunnel or BGP connection status changes
- Enhanced Diagnosis in Topology Test connectivity from a selected gateway to a host IP
- Session Visibility Active Sessions for a selected Gateway
- Enhanced Index Management and Data Retention policies Now you can better control how long you want to retain data for each of FlowIQ, Performance, FlowIQ, latencies.
- Multi-Cloud AppIQ Support AppIQ supports all clouds (FlightPath may not work across all clouds)
- Performance Monitoring A much cleaner legend for performance monitoring charts
- Topology Enhancement New Truncate/expand labels in topology
- Bug fix to flight path in AppIQ report
- Enhancement Change Cluster Labels in Topology to VPC Labels
- Enhancement Gov Cloud icons show up in Topology
- Bug fix Fixes to latency tracker
- Enhancement Receive email and webhook alerts when a Gateway or Tunnel is down
- Latencies View historical latencies and perform search to filter latencies of interest
- Enhancement Cleaner topology with truncated labels and latency numbers align along edges
- Enhancement Cleaner topology in AppIQ
- Enhancement Filter table columns in GW Routes and VPC Routes
- Security Egress FQDN Dashboard, search and live monitoring
- Alerts Webhooks integration for alerts - Use Webhooks to alert on telemetry data
- Bug fix A fix to AppIQ inconsistency in topology instances
- Enhancements Compressed the AppIQ report file size for easier download
- Bug fix in BGP routes and AppIQ charts
AppIQ generates a comprehensive report of control plane connectivity between any two cloud endpoints connected with Aviatrix Transit Network which includes link status, latency, bandwidth, traffic, and performance monitoring data.
BGP Info shows detailed BGP connections information with routes, map and status inside Cloud Routes
Continuous Latency Monitoring allows to see the continuous historical latencies data on Topology in Multi-Cloud environment between Transit and Spoke.
Performance Improvements for Cloud Routes and Scheduled Tasks that run behind the scenes.
- Topology Enhancement Search and Filter capability and Customize Topology Layout options
- Site2Cloud shows detailed S2C connections information with routes and status inside Cloud Routes
- Notification allows to pause alerts and delete old alert notifications
- Operational Enhancements auto delete flowIQ and Perfmon indexes to save disk space
Version 188.8.131.52 requires users to enter valid credentials for the controller that Copilot will store as a Service Account. This Service Account is needed so Copilot can process and send alerts based on configured thresholds. This Service Account can be a read-only account the user created on the controller. This dialog will only show one time when no service account has been configured. The Service Account can be changed in Settings .
- Notifications Ability to configure and receive alerts when CPU Utilization, Free Disk, Free Memory, Rx, Tx, Rx Tx of any host exceeds a user specified threshold Add email addresses of recipients in settings -> notifications to receive alerts Monitor and manage the lifecycle of alerts from the time they first triggered to the time they are resolved in the notifications page
- CloudRoutes Multi cloud GW Routes and VPC/VNET Routes with search functionality
- Topology Cluster Latency Click on connections between 2 clusters and start latency monitor for all connections between clusters
- FlowIQ Support for CSV export in records page Added support for filtering of instances using tags Now showing Flow Throughput and Flow Duration data in the records page
- Bug Fixes Few Bug fixes and performance improvements to load topology and instances faster
- Security Updates
- Topology Clustering
- Enhancements to Perf Mon charts with time period support
- Saving of Filter Groups in Flow IQ
- Topology Highlight
- Performance Monitoring Charts with multiple hosts
- && and || support for FlowIQ Filters
- Tagging functionality extended, Tag Manager in Settings Pages, Latency Charts, Filtering in Flow IQ improved
- Added support for tagging in Topology
- Added support for custom SSL certificate import
- Addressed the issue with license key validation
Release 1.1.4 (GA)¶
- Enabled license management
- Added support for multi-select
- Added ability to delete indexes
- Added storage auto-delete threshold configuration
- Added diagnostics (ping/traceroute) to topology