Emails and Alert Configuration¶
The Aviatrix Controller sends alert emails for events such as:
- Tunnel status change
- Gateway status change
By default, the alert email is sent to the admin of the Controller. The email can be an individual email address or an email alias of a team.
By default, the source email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to change alert email configuration¶
If you would like the alert messages to be sent to a different email,
go to Settings -> Controller -> STATUS CHANGE EVENT EMAIL, fill in a new email address and click Save.
How to Change Email Notification Source¶
Use Amazon Simple Email Service (SES)
- Create SMTP Credentials
- Log into AWS Console
- Click “SES Email Service”
- Click “SMTP Settings”
- Click “Create My SMTP Credentials”
- Click “Download Credentials” as the password will not be shown again
- Verify an Email Address
- Log into Amazon SES Console. Go to SESHome/IdentityManagement/EmailAddresses
- Click “Verify a New Email Address”
- In “Verify a New Email Address” dialog, enter an email address you want to send messages from. Note this must be a valid email address
- You will receive a verification email from AWS SES asking you to confirm that you are the owner of the email address. Click the verification link in the message.
- Configure Aviatrix Controller to use AWS SMTP email server
- SMTP Server: email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
- Port: 587
- Sender Email: <from step 2: your verified email>
- Sender Login: <from step 1: your Smtp Username>
- Sender Password: <from step 1: your Smtp Password>
- Test Email: <from step 1: your Smtp Username>
- Protocol: TLS
- Click “Save”