Aviatrix Gateway to Cisco IOS Router¶
This document describes how to build an IPSec tunnel based Site2Cloud connection between an Aviatrix Gateway and a Cisco IOS router.
The network setup is as follows:
VPC-AVX (with Aviatrix Gateway)
VPC CIDR: 10.100.0.0/24
On-Prem (with Cisco IOS Router)
On-Prem Network CIDR: 10.10.2.0/24
1. Create a Site2Cloud Connection at the Aviatrix Controller¶
1.1 Go to Gateway->New Gateway to launch an Aviatrix Gateway at the public subnet of VPC-AVX. Collect the Gateway’s public IP addresses (220.127.116.11 in this example).
1.2 Go to the Site2Cloud page and click Add New to create a Site2Cloud connection.
|VPC ID/VNet Name||Choose VPC ID of VPC-AVX|
|Connection Name||Arbitrary (e.g. avx-ios-s2c)|
|Remote Gateway Type||Generic|
|Algorithms||Uncheck this box|
|Encryption over DirectConnect||Uncheck this box|
|Enable HA||Uncheck this box|
|Primary Cloud Gateway||Select the Aviatrix Gateway created above|
|Remote Gateway IP Address||Public IP of IOS Router WAN port (18.104.22.168 in this example)|
|Pre-shared Key||Optional (auto-generated if not entered)|
|Remote Subnet||10.10.2.0/24 (On-Prem Network CIDR)|
|Local Subnet||10.100.0.0/24 (VPC-AVX CIDR)|
- 1.3 Go to the Site2Cloud page. From the Site2Cloud connection table, select the connection created above (e.g. avx-ios-s2c).
- Select Generic from Vendor drop down list
- Click the Download Configuration button to download the Generic Site2Cloud configuration
- Save the configuration file as a reference for configuring your Cisco IOS router
The following is a sample configuration based on the Site2Cloud configuration above.
2. Configure Cisco IOS Router¶
3. Troubleshooting and Verifying at the Aviatrix Controller¶
|VPC ID/VNet Name||VPC-AVX (Aviatrix Gateway VPC) ID|
|Connection||Name of the Site2Cloud connection created at Step 2|
|Gateway||Name of the Aviatrix Gateway|
|Action||One of the supported diagnostics commands|
For support, send an email to email@example.com.