Aviatrix Gateway to Cisco IOS Router¶
This document describes how to build an IPSec tunnel based Site2Cloud connection between an Aviatrix Gateway and a Cisco IOS router.
The network setup is as follows:
VPC-AVX (with Aviatrix Gateway)
VPC CIDR: 10.100.0.0/24
On-Prem (with Cisco IOS Router)
On-Prem Network CIDR: 10.10.2.0/24
1. Create a Site2Cloud Connection at the Aviatrix Controller¶
1.1 Go to Gateway->New Gateway to launch an Aviatrix Gateway at the public subnet of VPC-AVX. Collect the Gateway’s public IP addresses (22.214.171.124 in this example).
1.2 Go to the Site2Cloud page and click Add New to create a Site2Cloud connection.
|VPC ID/VNet Name||Choose VPC ID of VPC-AVX|
|Connection Name||Arbitrary (e.g. avx-ios-s2c)|
|Remote Gateway Type||Generic|
|Algorithms||Uncheck this box|
|Encryption over DirectConnect||Uncheck this box|
|Enable HA||Uncheck this box|
|Primary Cloud Gateway||Select the Aviatrix Gateway created above|
|Remote Gateway IP Address||Public IP of IOS Router WAN port (126.96.36.199 in this example)|
|Pre-shared Key||Optional (auto-generated if not entered)|
|Remote Subnet||10.10.2.0/24 (On-Prem Network CIDR)|
|Local Subnet||10.100.0.0/24 (VPC-AVX CIDR)|
- 1.3 Go to the Site2Cloud page. From the Site2Cloud connection table, select the connection created above (e.g. avx-ios-s2c).
- Select Generic from Vendor drop down list
- Click the Download Configuration button to download the Generic Site2Cloud configuration
- Save the configuration file as a reference for configuring your Cisco IOS router
The following is a sample configuration based on the Site2Cloud configuration above.
2. Configure Cisco IOS Router¶
2.1 Either ssh into the Cisco router or connect to it directly through its console port.
3. Troubleshooting and Verifying at the Aviatrix Controller¶
|VPC ID/VNet Name||VPC-AVX (Aviatrix Gateway VPC) ID|
|Connection||Name of the Site2Cloud connection created at Step 2|
|Gateway||Name of the Aviatrix Gateway|
|Action||One of the supported diagnostics commands|
For support, send an email to email@example.com.