Aviatrix Gateway to Cisco ASA¶
This document describes how to build an IPsec tunnel based Site2Cloud connection between an Aviatrix Gateway and Cisco ASA Firewall.
The network setup is as follows:
VPC/VNet-AVX (with Aviatrix Gateway)
VPC/VNet CIDR: 10.0.0.0/16
VPC/VNet Public Subnet CIDR: 10.0.1.0/24
VPC/VNet Private Subnet CIDR: 10.0.2.0/24
On-Prem (with Cisco ASA Firewall)
On-Prem Network CIDR: 10.10.0.0/16
Creating a Site2Cloud Connection at the Aviatrix Controller¶
- Go to Gateway > New Gateway to launch an Aviatrix Gateway at the subnet (public subnet for AWS, GCP, or OCI) of VPC/VNet-AVX. Collect Gateway’s public IP addresses (188.8.131.52 in this example).
- Go to the Site2Cloud page and click Add New to create a Site2Cloud connection.
- Go to the Site2Cloud page. From Site2Cloud connection table, select the connection created above (e.g. avx-asa-s2c).
- Select Cisco from the Vendor dropdown menu.
- Select ASA 5500 Series from the Platform dropdown menu.
- Select the proper ASA Software versin from Software drop down list depending on your ASA running OS.
- Click Download Configuration button to download the ASA site2cloud configuration.
- Save the configuration file as a reference for configuring your ASA.
The following is an ASA sample configuration based on the Site2Cloud configuration above.
Configuring Cisco ASA¶
Either SSH into the ASA or connect to it directly through its console port.
Issue the configure terminal command in privileged EXEC mode to start global configuration mode. The prompt changes to the following :
Enter the CLIs in ASA site2cloud configuration guide downloaded before. Note that you may need to modify these CLIs to fit your ASA configuration.
Troubleshooting and Verifying at Aviatrix Controller¶
- At the Aviatrix Controller, go to the Site2Cloud page. Verify that the status of the Site2Cloud connection is up.
- At the Site2Cloud - Diagnostics page, run various diagnostics commands.
|VPC ID/VNet Name||VPC/VNet-AVX (Aviatrix Gateway VPC/VNet) ID|
|Connection||Name of Site2Cloud connection created at Step 2|
|Gateway||Name of Aviatrix Gateway|
|Action||One of the supported diagnostics commands|
For support, please open a support ticket at Aviatrix Support Portal