Scaling Out a Remote User VPN Solution¶
No more bastion stations and jump hosts. Provide your employees with the ability to seamlessly access instances with private IP addresses by using our user VPN capability. To configure a Cloud VPN:
- At the Gateway menu, create a gateway with VPN access enabled.
- Repeat the step above for multiple gateways if ELB is enabled to create a scale out VPN solution.
- (Optional) At OpenVPN® > Profiles, define VPN user profiles and access policies for each profile that will be dynamically enforced as user connects to the cloud at the network perimeter.
- Navigate to OpenVPN® > VPN Users and add VPN users.
- For a single VPC/VNet user VPN solution, open this link.
- For a multi-VPC/VNet user VPN solution, open this reference design
If you have a global workforce and would like to give your employees the best user experience in accessing the services in the cloud, Geo VPN is the right solution for you. Go to Open VPN > Geo VPN to enable Geo VPN. See this reference design.
If keeping your production environment secure while giving your developers an isolated environment to learn and experiment with new technologies is a challenge for you, see the Developer’s Sandbox feature.
If you need to connect to your partner or customer sites to a VPC/VNet but do not want to replace the edge routers or firewalls that is already deployed at these sites, check out our Site2Cloud reference design.