Launch a gateway¶
Click Gateway at navigation panel. Click New to launch a gateway. To launch a gateway with OpenVPN capability, refer to this link.
Select Gateway Size¶
When selecting the Gateway Size, note the following the guidelines of IPSEC performance based on tests conducted between two gateways of the same size:
- t2 series throughput is not guaranteed; it can burst up to 130mbps.
- m3 series are in the range 300 - 500mbps
- m4.xlarge or c4.xlarge: approximately 500mbps
- c3.2xlarge or m4.2xlarge: approximately 1Gbps
- c3.4xlarge: approximately 1.2Gbps
if you need IPSEC performance beyond 1.2Gbps, refer to Cluster Peering.
Starting Release 3.0, gateway security policy page has been moved Security -> Stateful Firewall. Check out this guide.
There are two types of high availabiity on Aviatrix: “Gateway for High Availability” and “Gateway for High Availability Peering”.
“Gateway for High Availability Peering” is used for “Enable HA” field at Encrypted Peering configuration.
“Gateway for High Availability” is used when you need HA for a Transitive Peering.
You can change Gateway Size if need to change gateway throughput. The gateway will restart with a different instance size.